Believe your child may have ingested lead? We provide the following free of charge:
- Lead testing for children up to 6 years
- Lead poisoning education
- Follow-up lead testing as needed
- Home and environment testing and referrals for further assistance for children with high levels
Please contact us at 910-798-6612 with any questions.
Have a lead question outside of our hours? Please call the National Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you or your child has severe symptoms (such as vomiting or seizures) call 911 immediately.
If you have a concern about your indoor air quality, please contact our office at 910-798-6667 or see the websites below:
- City of Wilmington - Healthy Homes Program
- North Carolina Healthy Homes
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Healthy Homes
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Healthy Homes Fact Sheet
- DOJ - Renting A Home
- EPA - Mold
- EPA - Indoor Air Quality
- CDC - Mold
- CDC - Indoor Air Quality Fact Sheet
- NCDHHS - Mold
- NCDHHS - Indoor Environmental Quality
Radon, short for Radionuclide, is a gas that is naturally present in North Carolina rocks and soil and can be found in some building materials. If Radon builds up in indoor air it can be harmful and cause lung cancer. It cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted so it is important to test your home for Radon every 2 years.